Install Talend data integration open studio on ubuntu-12.04.2 - 64-bit desktop
- Get ubuntu desktop installed on your machine/virtual box or your ubuntu linux server.
- Java is installed and JAVA_PATH is set.
- Download talend DI open studio from www.talend.com - i downloaded TOS_DI_r101800-V5.3.0.zip and save it. (i saved it under home/user/Downloads)
- extract this zip file to any folder - i used archive manager to extract it to same location - a new folder TOS_DI_r101800-V5.3.0 is created.
- I moved this folder to usr/local/ - using sudo mv home/user/Downloads/TOS_DI_r101800-V5.3.0 /usr/local/
- download xulrunner - i downloaded xulrunner-20.0.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2
- extract above to /usr/local/lib - using - following
- cd /usr/local/lib
- sudo tar -xvf /home/user/Downloads/xulrunner-20.0.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2
- modified TOS_DI-linux-gtk-x86_64.ini under TOS_DI_r101800-V5.3.0 folder by adding following line to the end of file and saved it.
create a new starttalend.sh script to run as below
#!/bin/sh export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1 /TOS installation directory/TOS_DI-linux-gtk-x86_64
grant execute on this starttalend.sh
for some even this also works
launch talend by executing script below
It will take a while to come up to main screen, but it should come.
I got default browser error - but that was only preventing me from
home page of talend studio when it opens up - no other issue with
jobs and other components of talend.
References - http://www.talendforge.org/wiki/doku.php?id=doc:installation_on_ubuntu